Thursday, February 25, 2010

SASQUATCH! Music: No Age


I'm usually drawn to guitar/drummer combos -- Two Gallants and The White Stripes are staples in my collection -- and so I appreciate the simplicity of No Age.

But I'm not sure they are pulling it off. I’m always against bands using anything prerecorded while performing, kind of defeats the point in my opinion, and it looks like the drummer is triggering some recordings behind his kit.

It also sounds like they might be taking themselves a little too serious with the whole “censorship” issue, which doesn’t sound like censorship at all. But I’m not in this for the politics so that’s easily forgettable.

They have a decent sound, although they seem to error on the side of noise, which can be less interesting.

Sub Pop profile here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment